Wonder what the secret is to selling your home faster and for more money?
Here is the full list of important home selling tips from agents across the country in order of top ranked importance based on a Trulia survey in 2014. (MAKE SURE YOU READ MY FINAL THOUGHT BELOW!)
- Price Your Home Realistically From the Start
- Keep Your House Clean, Tidy and De-cluttered
- Work With an Agent Who Excels at Online Marketing
- Make It Easy to Show Your Home
- Don’t Sign With an Unqualified Buyer
- Listen to Your Agent!
- Make Small Upgrades to Your Home
- Work With an Agent Who Follows the Competition
- Stage Your Home’s Exterior
- Don’t Insist on the Asking Price
- Alert Family and Friends That You Are Selling Your Home
- Make Your Home Move-In Ready
- Brighten Up Your Home – Maximize Light
- Clear Out Your Closets
- Don’t Take the First Offer – (Counter Offer!)
- De-Personalize Your Home
- Don’t Over-Upgrade
- Conceal Your Pets
- Don’t Work With the First Agent You Find – Work with the Best
- Hire a Professional Listing Photographer
- Throw Buyers a Bone to Close Escrow Quickly (only 29.5 percent of agents say this is a very important tip)
- Offer Up Extras to the Buyers
Want more details? Get your FREE guide today!
Need step by step guidance? I can help!
Call or email me today and I will personally meet with you and discuss my home selling system.
Keep in mind, we don’t know the success level of all the agents interviewed for this survey – or the intentions of their answers. We also know that markets are constantly changing and real estate is HYPER-LOCAL.
For example, I noticed that hiring a professional photographer was near the bottom of the recommendation list but top agents across the country say this is a must, especially the higher you get in home value. Also, not every offer needs a counter offer. There should be specific discussion about strategy with any offer. The list needs discussion.
I do agree that listing your home for a realistic price from the start is the MOST important thing you can do. Listing high thinking that someone will offer lower just results in getting skipped over altogether. If you are serious about selling, your agent should very carefully study the market with you to ensure you are pricing your home as perfectly as possible. In the luxury market and where unique homes are in play, this could take hours of research and comparison!
Remember, for most people, selling (or buying) a home is the largest transaction of their life. Make sure that you choose a REALTOR that is both qualified and understanding of your needs.
Another good read: 10 things that may Negatively affect your Home’s Value