Hurricane Harvey Disaster Relief
The resent disaster that Hurricane Harvey brought to Houston has touched friends, family and loved ones from everywhere.
Our KW Cares Disaster Response Team is currently working in Texas communities to supply equipment, supplies and assist with recovery efforts to areas impacted by Hurricane Harvey. With 16 market centers and 4,400 associates in Harvey’s footprint, Keller Williams had lined up three warehouses to help with the aftermath; one in San Antonio, one in Corpus Christi and one in the dryer part of Houston. But because of the way the storm has developed, Houston is the command center.
Some facts about the Hurricane Harvey situation:
- This will be the largest relief effort in US history.
- The recovery will extend over an estimated 6 – 10 year period.
- 85% of the residents do not have flood insurance
- As of noon Wednesday after the storm, paperwork had already been filed requesting assistance from over 195,000 victims.
- It is estimated that over 250,000 homes are completely destroyed
KW Cares Hurricane Relief Effort
KW Cares, a 501(c)(3) charity, KW had boots on the ground helping the victims right after the storm and has launch aggressive fundraising efforts to continue the support. We are looking for ongoing donations!
Some things to keep in mind:
- KW Cares is funded by Gary Keller & Mo Anderson. 100% of your dollars donated go directly to the relief effort!
- The KWPR market center is matching your donations, so a donation of $100.00 = $200.00!
- Send checks to our office, payable to “KW Cares” with “Hurricane Relief” in the memo line.
- KW Cares is a 501(c)(3) charity; all donations are tax deductible.