What Does A Listing Agent Do for a Seller?
Listing agents have 10 primary duties that make their services valuable to home sellers who hire them.
- Needs analysis – clarify the seller’s motivator(s) and time frame
- Pricing strategy, financial net sheet and listing paperwork
- Property Preparation – suggesting repairs, improvements, staging, etc
- Marketing plan – Knowing the market and your target buyer
- Received offer – Reviewing and explaining terms
- Negotiating and finalizing purchase agreements
- Sell again – getting through inspection, appraisal, etc
- Pre-closing preparation, scheduling and documentation
- Closing documents receipt and review
- Post-closing follow up
Each of these steps can take time, especially the preparation BEFORE your home goes on the market if you are planning to get top dollar for your home and sell in your time frame.
Check out some of my core services that help me help my clients. And take a loot at the keys to my exclusive home selling system.
I also have a great Seller Tips page with videos!
Are you wondering how much agent charge for their services? Check this out: how-much-do-real-estate-agents-charge-sellers
Learn more about designations and certifications that help you recognize a educated, experienced professional real estate agent:
Graduate, Realtor Institute “GRI”
Certified Residential Specialist “CRS”
Sellers Representative Specialist “SRS”
NAR’s e-PRO® certification
(See the Real Estate Designations page.)
What does the ILHM acronym mean?
Check out these Core Services is you have a minute.